Monday, May 13, 2013

Reviews HP Envy h8-1430 Desktop 3.1 GHz Core i5-3350P

I purchased this computer 3 days ago, 3/24/13, this HP Envy h8-1430 Desktop computer is great, fast and powerful, it's really quiet and and gets the job done EASILY.  I like HP. They have always made good full size PCs. I have had several HPs dating back 15 years or so. This one is fabulous. It is fast, quiet and looks good.
I purchased this computer solely for my movie and music collection. I looked at several computers before purchasing this one. It runs fast and quiet and has plenty of storage (2T) with (4) 3.0 usb and (6) 2.0 usb. I am currently running Seagate's (3T) and (4T) external hard drives and a Asus external Blu-Ray player all using 3.0 usb and is running great.

Processor3.1 GHz Core i5-3350P
RAM10 GB SDRAM DDR3
Hard Drive2048 GB SATA
Graphics CoprocessorNVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB
Number of USB 2.0 Ports  4
Number of USB 3.0 Ports  2

A couple of the main reasons I choose this computer was for the beatsaudio 7.1 audio and the HDMI output. I'm running the HDMI to a Onkyo TX-NR717 Receiver that goes to a 32" HD Vizio TV and a 120' HD Panasonic Projector and the picture and sound are everything I hoped for.

I just upgraded to windows 7 in my other computers and now I have to learn windows 8. Getting arround windows 8 is very different and will take a while to get used to. SO far its not as user frendly as windows 7. I wish they would have an option of dual operations sytems. I haven' yet played a graphics heavy game on it yet but I cant wait to see how it handles them. I have watched netflics many times and thecomputer operates great. No matter what you are doing , skype, streeming video, web or what ever the computer handles it all flawlessly.

Bottom line? I have been VERY satisfied with this HP Envy h8-1430 Desktop 3.1 GHz Core i5-3350P machine thus far and feel it is a very good value for the money. I would recommend it to any friend or business partner without question.  I would also give special kudos to Amazon. I am a Prime customer and purchase nearly all my office equipment needs and many personal items through Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment