Monday, March 11, 2013

Excellent Windows 8 Desktop! Reviews ASUS Essentio CM6870-US012S Desktop Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz 16 GB DDR3

I just purchased this ASUS CM6870-US012S Desktop Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz 16 GB DDR3 CPU (got it from J and R for a cheaper price than Amazon) and I love it! It replaces a Dell XPS CPU that I hated. The fan in the Dell was so loud it sounded like an outboard motor. The first thing I noticed when I started up the Asus was how whisper quiet this unit is.
Online shopping for PC Desktop Computers ASUS CM6870US012S Entertainment Desktop PC Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz / 16GB DDR3 / 2TB Hard Drive
well balanced, March 10, 2013
By 
Port Artur"My old XP desktop that I built and upgraded finally died. So, after researching I bought this ASUS CM6870-US012S Desktop Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz. It is well balanced as far as components go for the money. Not much of bloatware, sily Windows 8 , surprising WIFI option and mighty processor. It has decent GT630 video card by the way not 7000 series. I think 2TB of internal harddrive is overkill. 

You stand to loose more. Safer with external drives and cloud services today. It is very quiet, looks good, paired with my new Asus monitor. The only beef I have is position of power button (should be way lower), optical drive should be at the top and all USB slots and headphone jack below it. Cables get in the way of opening optical drive. I think this PC will serve my home needs for a while."
  • Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz
  • 16GB DDR RAM
  • 2048 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
  • Windows 8
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT630 2GB GDDR3
The ASUS Essentio Desktop PC CM6870 delivers incredible performance for you to master your home media. Featuring an all-new 3rd gen Intel Core processor and high-quality components, this PC stays running smooth while playing games, watching movies, and heavy multitasking with outlasting speed and dependable reliability. Complete with a full-size wireless keyboard and wireless mouse, make the CM6870 the heart of your home media center.

Out of the box set up was a breeze. I was able to keep my Dell flat screen monitor and keyboard. This is my first time purchasing an Asus product and I'm glad I did. It took about five minute to take it out of the box, plug everything up and go.

This ASUS Essentio CM6870-US012S Desktop Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz 16 GB DDR3 offers plenty of USB and other ports, card readers and headphone jacks right on the front of the computer so you never have to turn this thing around to plug stuff into the back. It has an empty expansion bay ready for upgrades.

Featuring NVIDIA GeForce graphics, the Essentio CM6870 gives you the power to enjoy flawless media playback from HD movies, videos, or mainstream games. Select models with a built-in Blu-ray combo drive, let you enjoy Blu-ray movie playback and support DVD and CD writing.

I'm really pleased with the speed of the unit and the lack of bloatware most computers come with these days. I'm really happy with my purchase. Be forewarned though, if you're tight on space, this sucker is HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment